Monday, September 08, 2008

Prairieman half-iron triathlon

After a couple of good races in a row, I had a tough one that did not go entirely as planned. The 1.2 mile swim and the 56 mile bike went fine, and the 13.1 mile run started out OK. But I wilted badly on the last 9 miles of the run, I think due to not coping well with the heat. I struggled to finish in 4:59, 15th place out of about 175.

Positive things about the experience were I had an excellent bike ride, doing the 56 miles in 2:25, riding easy and finished the bike with fresh legs. Also, I was first in my age group. I am realizing that it is not easy to put together a good half-iron triathlon on a hot day. So I will be sure to appreciate it when I do get it to work next time, hopefully at the Longhorn triathlon on October 5.

Results of the Prairieman half-iron triathlon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home