Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Texas state championship - 40K bike time trial

I did a bicycle race! It was the Texas state time trial championship, which was a 40K race in Pattison TX (near Houston). There were several hundred riders, all starting individually at 30 second intervals. It was a mostly flat out-and-back course, with a few small hills, and a fair amount of wind. I was hoping to finish under one hour, but I surprised myself and finished in 57:25, which was good enough for 2nd place in the Men's 50-54 age group.

Here are the results for the 50-54 age group:

Link to Results Men's 50-54
(I'm 2nd place)

And here is a link to the complete results for all riders: All results.

I was surprised to see that my time would have ranked among the top cat3 riders. I really like this time-trial riding!

PS - Craig Prejean Sports took pictures, and here are a few of me. The first one is just after the start, and the last two are approaching the finish. I go for the bright colors to be visible to cars.



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great result especially considering the heat. Your age group had a good turnout. I did not know that many people were interested a time trial.

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home