Monday, August 11, 2008

Wool capital triathlon

I did the 2008 Wool Capital Triathlon in San Angelo yesterday. It was a 1.5K swim, 40K bike and 10K run. I really like this race - it has a nice open water swim, scenic bike route, and the run is on what the race director calls "the dirt road from hell". This is a dusty road with no shade, hills, and not very good footing. So the 10K run times tend to be a bit slow.

I finished 2nd overall, and was the first masters (over 40) finisher. My swim was good, bike was surprisingly good, and run was a little slow. So I guess I could work on my running a bit more before the half-iron races that I plan to do in September and October. My total time of 2:10:31 was a minute faster than the last two years, so that was encouraging. The bike course was windy this year, I was 32:10 at the 20K mark on the bike with a headwind, and came back in 27:59 with a tailwind.

Results, 2008 Wool Capital Triathlon (I'm 2nd place)

A photo of me starting out on the bike appeared in the San Angelo local newspaper. Clicking on the picture enlarges it enough to make the text readable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home