Sunday, July 03, 2011

40K bike time trial, personal best!

I was very surprised that I can still do a "personal best" in something athletic, since I am 53 years old! I did a 57:17 for a 40K bike time trial in Castroville TX yesterday, beating my old best of 57:24 from 3 years ago. The conditions were pretty good, very little wind, but hot and humid. The course was out-and-back, essentially the old state championship course that I've ridden a few times before, but never quite that fast.

So I can still ride a bike as fast as I ever could. I can't say the same about swimming and running, though. Swimming has slowed down a lot - 30 years ago I could hold a pace of 1:12 per 100 yards for 2000 yards, and now its more like 1:25/100 yards pace. Running has slowed down by about 50 seconds per mile.

I wonder if that was my last "personal best". Anwyay, I'm quite pleased (amazed!) that everything still works, and I'm pretty much injury free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home