Friday, August 25, 2006

Sunflower bike wheel (June 6, 2006)

The "disk wheel" on my bike is actually a plastic wheel cover from Wheelbuilder.com. (just $85, and legal for triathlons and bike time trials). The sunflower wheel was painted by Lisa, using a stencil and Krylon fusion yellow spray paint. I used orange spray paint on my previously silver helmet, to make me more visible. Always trying to be safe! With the HED3 wheel on the front, I think this is probably the best aerodynamic benefit per dollar spent on equipment. The bike is a Cervelo Dual, not too expensive either. Now I have just 3 weeks to learn to ride on the new wheels before the Buffalo Springs Lake triathlon. The new wheels feel pretty twitchy in cross winds, and will take some getting used to. I'll get to try the wheels at one Tuesday Time Trial before the triathlon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home